Friday, July 19, 2013

Tommorow I'll change. 

A friend of mine passed away today and it really got me thinking. She used to be in my friend's department, she was dating a lecturer who at that time was married, and she was the talk of the department as she really knew how to play her cards well...beautiful, brilliant Tomi, she really loved and enjoyed the spotlight while it was on her, the sorrow she caused the wife and children of the man dint amount to anything to her...Yes she graduated as one of the best of her class , went for the 3weeks orientation for the National youth Service corps here in Nigeria and returned home only for her to Die on the day of her arrival.... I'm sure she dint think of dying at a time like this, I'm sure she'd been adviced by friends and well wishers to turn a new leaf, I'm sure she'd procastinated on repenting. And I'm sure her excuse would have been the regular layman excuse " tomorrow I'll change"
 And so tym runs fast
Each day passing away so fast as tho it waiteth for no man...Times come, trands come and go, seasons come and the whole cycle goes on like that
A child is born, a man is dying and each day we get closer to that "day"
And then I think of the excuses we all give, 2moro I'll work on my Relationship with God, 
Let me indulge in this habit for just once more, 2moro I'll repent, Why not take out tym to imagine that u were living ur last 50days on earth....What will it be like? Will it not be filled of good works, will u not live each day with great care, being good to everyman and doing good works because u know the end of ur journey is near....
As Christians and believers that's just how we should live each day, for the time and hour that the son of man cometh, no man knows and when he comes we know not....He stays at the door and knocks, he who hears and let's him in shall be greatly blessed...Accepting Christ is good but not enough, keeping him in our life is what matters, giving our lives all to him.....Cos when Death will come no man knows, shall we then leave the earth filled with regrets over bad choices made, shall we then leave filled with dreams unrealized? 
Think and ponder on these things.....

1 comment: