Saturday, July 20, 2013

I give myself away

Okay, slept like a baby last night after fighting with myself over what time to do my laundry, I had chores lined up and one thing was on my mind , "SLEEP", Yes, that reminds me, I finally decided to put one of my songs into writing and funny enough it kinda sounds funny to me even though the lyrics weigh more than I'd just sit down to write, Its a song about me , about us being ready to surrender to God....
You know we all get to that phase of our lives where everything is pinting towards Total surrender to God, to live our lives for him, to give our all to him.... Pastor Bolu said something in membership school today, God bless his dear heart, he said befor you give your life to Christ, your life is still for you to shape and plan, But when you give it to Christ, it becomes Christ's , no more yours... And I sat down to reason this statement out, befor I became a believer, I had wonderful plans, I wanted to become a well known scientist, even if I knew I had a calling and a ministry, I still wanted to do my own will, and funny enough since I sat down and decided 'this is it' no more playing around, I'm for God, Everything began to fall in place, I studied microbiology for four years, and well I'm a microbiologist but Is that really me living life; being an analyst, Am I really fulfilling purpose by sitting in the laboratory?
Everytime I have to do something contrary to God's plan, do I not hurt the holyspirit of God in me? .
You know now I'm thinking of a whole lot of stuffs but one thing is sure and I know it; I want to learn how to love God, and I want to love him to the point where I know I can boldly lift my hands to sing "I Give myself away" ...
The worship ministry is not just for singers, its not for the talent, the runs and drilling while singing is not enough, for me it goes beyond using my skills to bringing down God's prescence, it goes farther into making God Glad, it goes into setting people free from the captives which the devil has put them into...I cry when I worship, Its because when I think of the amazing love of the father and how ungrateful man can be it hurts, and yet he loves us....
He loved us first, gave his all for us and so we should be ready to do so....
And with this note I rest my little fingers, I. Still listen to William Mc dowell's " I give myself away and sing the song with reverential fear, because that's a promise I'm making , to give myself into his work, ridding myself of all pleasures, taking each step with faith, knowing that he's making me into that great woman. Have a great day, and to you who just read this post, God bless you real good.... XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment