Friday, July 19, 2013

Dare to different

In life, I have noticed one thing and that is people live life each day as it comes, going around different cycles and learning new things everyday. From the beginning of time till this present age, man has always been into activities , in the modern world of ours, expectations have to be met, the demands on each individual to blend into the ideals of the society is high, we see a whole lot of laid down rules, set by men who have deemed it fit to direct the course of life of many individuals, forgetting that the uniqueness of our society lies in the difference in opinions.
Children are born and then moulded into what seems to be the perfect adult , and we all live life each day following these same patterns without questioning it. In the western part of Africa, Nigeria where I come from I've seen a lot of things happen. I've seen children born and raised to be what they never loved. I've seen parents live their dreams through their kids, I've also seen children silenced because they were critisized by their folks for daring to be different. I've seen so many ideas which have not been and most likely will not be actualized because of gender based discrimination. I've seen a lot and I've dared to be different. I've dared to stand out, I've dared to be the voice of all dreams which have been killed, I've decided to be the voice of all those who have been written off and termed 'Misfit' because of their unique abilities. I am the One, the one who will see the truth and keep it in the original form. I chose to be the one who will refuse pleasures just to stick to my ideals. I choose to be the one who will live my dreams, I choose to be the one who will fulfil purpose because of one man who gave his all for me "Christ"

2 comments: