Sunday, July 21, 2013

The heart of service

Okay, today's sunday and I'm really excited, First, today's message in church was just really powerful.
I attend one of the world's best church ;Daystar Christian centre pastored by Rev Sam and pastor Nike Adeyemi, my church is the best and I'm not just saying this to make it really look or sound too good, It really is the best. I'm not really good with flattery but I can say one thing for sure, Daystar is the home of stars and its the best place to be groomed into a role model for others. You know our nation has to get to that point where we stop blaming the government for issues that can be fixed by an all round change of mentality, I'm one of those who think National development should first start individually before it becomes a nationwide thing.
Okay I know I'm beginning to sound like my pastor but some things happened to me today and I really thought about it, Its about service and faithfulness.
One of my pastors used to tell me something while I was serving as an Assistant pastor/Worship leader wayback in my undergraduate days, he'll say "Timi God chose you because he saw your faithfulness in little things and your heart of service".
I guess because of the love I have for God, I see service in God's house as what I'm on earth for, it comes naturally for me, I don't feel pressured to give in my time for service in the church and that's because I've learnt to get my priorities right.
I feel like encouraging someone reading this post before sleeping , You know you might have been serving God in your secret place, giving your all in God's house , your local congregation, or anywhere you find yourself as a representative of God and people are tagging you as being too serious and making you feel discouraged, I have a word for you, " Dnt get weary in doing good" Because surely the harvest is going to come and it is gotten in sound health, blossoming relationships, abundance, and many other good things..
You can't serve God or attend to what concerns him and not expect him to bless you, he surely will.
You just keep being faithful, let them tag you as the Churchy girl, or the churchy guy, keep doing it, God sees your heart, he'll bless you and announce you to the world.
Okay, I'm going to sleep now,I really needed to post this now. God loves you, tehila loves you too. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment